One of the fastest growing sports in the country
Join in the Pickleball fun! We offer opportunities for all levels of play: open gym, tournaments and lessons.
COVID-19 Safety: Masks are required in the building at all times.
Bring a partner or pair up with someone at the gym. Game experience and knowledge of the rules is encouraged when participating in open gym. If you are a beginner and/or social player, come to the beginner/social open gyms. Courts are designed by USAPA self rating criteria. Participants will use posted house rules for playing pickleball at open gym. Pickleballs are provided. You will need to provide your own paddles.
Designated Ages for Open Pickleball
- Weekday morning and daytime play is scheduled for adult pickleball. Participants are ages 18+.
- Weekday evening and weekend play is scheduled for ages 10 and up. However, this is leveled according to skill set and players should play on the court of their self ranked skill set.
- Children 9 and under should play at family open racquet times.
- Holiday breaks and no school days - children ages 10 and up can attend weekday open pickleball if they self rate and play at the appropriate court.
- Open Play will be offered in approximately 90 minute sessions, with either 2 or 3 sessions on any given day. If you participate in one session, you will not be allowed to participate in a second. (Example: If you participate in the 9:45-11:30am Open 3.0+ session, you will be asked to leave prior to the 12pm Social/Beginner session.)
- Private court reservations are for 1 hour. The cost is $12/hr per court.
- Capacities will be limited to 6 people per court, this is for private reservation as well as open play. Participation in any session of open pickleball will be first-come first-served. The number of available courts is indicated on the calendar for each session. (If attendance is higher than anticipated, the PAC may implement a pre-registration requirement for open play. This will be communicated via email.)
- All participants for open pickleball or private court rentals must have an active PAC membership or pay for a day pass.
- All participants for open pickleball or private court rentals must sign a PAC Use and COVID-19 Waiver prior to participating.
Rent a pickleball court for an hour or more. Pickleballs and net are provided. Rentals will be available for registration one month in advance. All participants in the pickleball rental group must be PAC members or purchase a daily pass. Each reservation must be made online and cancellations must be given a 48 hour notice. There will be a $5 cancellation fee. Cost $12 per hour per pickleball court. Dates and times of rental availability will be posted online.
Co-ed summer league is for competitive pickleball players. Participants will play 5-6 games per evening scoring up to 11 win by 1. You and your partner play together throughout the league. Each game will be capped at 20 minutes.
Individuals register with a partner they will play with throughout the league and participate against other teams in the league each evening. If you and your partner win at the end of 20 minutes, you and your partner move up a court, playing against other teams that win. If you lose, you and your partner move down a court playing against other teams that don't win. First round games will have a random draw and after 4 dates of the "up and down" moving, there will have been sufficient time for the best teams to have migrated to the Aces' Court; conversely, the least skillful teams will have had sufficient time to make their way toward the Jesters' Court.
League play is available at the 2.5/3.0 or 3.5/4.0 skill. Each person on a doubles team must register individually.
- Aces of the Court: Competitive Mini Tournaments
- July: Lumberjack Days Tournament
- October: Dink or Treat
- Cabin Fever Tournament
Be the Ace on the court! These lightning round competitive mini tournaments give the participants a lot of pickleball games and fun with two hours of continuous play. Games are played up to 11 win by 1 and capped at 20 minutes per game. When the whistle blows If you win or have the most points, you and your partner move up a court, playing against other teams that win. If you lose, you and your partner move down a court playing against other teams that don't win. First round games will have a random draw and after 2 hours of the "up and down" moving, there will have been sufficient time for the best teams to have migrated to the Aces' Court; conversely, the least skillful teams will have had sufficient time to make their way toward the Jesters' Court.
Stillwater Area Public Schools Community Education Department is hosting the Lumberjack Days Pickleball Tournament Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18, 2021 at Stillwater Area High School in the Pony Activity Center which features 10 indoor pickleball courts.
Location: Stillwater Area High School Pony Activity Center, 5701 Stillwater Boulevard North, Stillwater, MN 55082. Enter Door 11 W by the Pony Stadium entryway
Dates: Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18, 2021
Cost: $35 per player for the first event, $5 for each additional event, tournament t-shirt included in fee.
Tournament Format: The tournament format will consist of a minimum of 3 pool play games (11 points win by 1), followed by single elimination tournament play based on pool ranking. Tournament play will consist of the best 2 of 3 games (11 points win by 2). All games are officiated by the individuals playing and must make their own calls. This is an unsanctioned tournament.
Men’s and Women’s will play Saturday, July 17. Depending on the number of teams registered for men’s and women’s play will dictate the start times of each tournament. The goal is to maximize court time for pool play for each level and gender will be dictated based on registrations. Schedules will be posted on July 14.
Mixed Doubles will play Sunday, July 18 starting at 8 AM.
Competition in mixed, men’s and women’s will be offered at 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 4.5+ divisions. Teams are self-ranked according to USAPA criteria.
Tournament Director has the right to reclassify and combine divisions if necessary due to number of teams.
Registration opens March 15, 2021, and will close July 7, 2021 10 AM.
Each player needs to have their own separate online registration and payment.
The first registration should be $35. You can register for the second event by going into the new event and selecting the $5 registration fee.
There is a $5 processing fee if cancelled before July 7, 2021.
There is no refund after July 7, 2021 as t-shirts and brackets will be created and modifications to the brackets must be made.