COVID-19 Participant Safety
Our participants' safety is our number one priority. In accordance with state health guidelines and direction from Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), and the United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), the following changes will be necessary for community education programming to decrease the risk of COVID-19 exposure:
- We will practice social distancing and align with the state safety recommendations by placing students in smaller groups and utilizing highly predictable settings.
- All programs will be subject to small groups of no more than 10 people.
- Enhanced cleaning practices will be in place in all buildings.
- Staff and participants will be required to wear a face covering while participating in our programs. Please see the program specific details for possible exceptions.
- Staff and participants will be encouraged to perform frequent hand hygiene.
- Participants may be required to complete a health screening before proceeding to class.
- All participants are required to comply with social distancing expectations. Failure to do so could result in removal from the program and the premises.
Participants must stay home if they are ill. Parents need to be on the alert for signs of illness in their children and to keep them home when they are sick.
- Participants must be healthy and symptom free for the last 10 days and have a temperature under 100 degrees fahrenheit. Symptoms include the following:
- Symptoms of COVID-19 may include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Participants who have been in close contact with someone who was diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days cannot attend.
- Participants who appear ill will be removed from the program. If the participant is a minor, the parent or guardian will be contacted.
- If a participant is diagnosed or presumed positive for COVID-19, please contact the Community Education Office immediately at 651-351-8300.
- Be aware that we reserve the right to conduct additional screenings at our discretion.
Thank you for being a valued Community Education participant. We hope that we will see you soon!